Abbey Road, released 26 September 1969 is the 11th album released by the Beatles. It is the last album that all the Beatles participated on before they all got sick and tired of John Lennon's villanous, Japanese, greedy souled, backstabbing Waifu Yoko Ono trying to run the show and broke up just after their final album Let It Be released. The album is mostly known for the George Harrison megahit Something and the Timothy Leary inspired song Come Together by John Lennon that is probably better known by most as a cover from Aerosmith.
Musically it is well received but it is best known for starting the pre-internet IRL meme of people visiting England and recreating the iconic album cover to send home to friends and family as a postcard when the pictures were developed. More recently it is known for all the butthurt One Direction started with Beatles fans when they copied the classic album cover in 2015 and claimed that they were "More Popular Than The Beatles".
Get it. In a March 1966 interview with The London Evening Standard John Lennon claimed "The Beatles Were More Popular Than Jesus" so by saying One Direction is more popular than the Beatles you are saying they are ultimately more popular than Jesus. Such clever word play.
—John Lennon. The world's first troll.
Abbey Road: The Meme
|ALERT: THIS IS A FORCED MEME|
|Abbey Road will be posted by the same|
unfunny newfag until you like it.
You don't need to know the Beatles to know the Meme because the Abbey Road album cover instantly became a meme in 1969 when the Album was first released because of the simplicity and candidness of the image. Anyone could have taken it. It's another one of those images like Eddie Adams' award winning photograph Saigon Execution that has been burnt into our collective psyche.
Doing an Abbey Road style picture has become a way for people to say that they've made it. That they are officialy a part of the shared experience like the Simpsons, South Park, Bands like U2 and even jokes, such as, having Batman, Nightwing, Robin and Batgirl crossing the famous Zebra striped Road.
Unfortunately, like everything that starts off as a clever tribute or homage, it has it's copy cats and has become an unfunny, Forced Meme getting done and done again by every 14-year-old-boy who saw the Kiss version of this meme on a shirt at Hot Topic.
Since 9AM Last Thursday, the Abbey Road Meme was declared officially dead because it is only now being done by newfag ritalin kids that believe the road to funny is to keep repeating something that was slightly cool when it started back with their grandparents and a 35mm camera.
The Butthurt One Direction Caused
One of the problems Old Fucks have with One Direction is that they are a boy-band like the Monkeys that is extensively test marked and packaged for public consumption based on the original Beatles model. They're not a group. They are faces and voices hired to sing songs written by other people, they play no instruments and are basicly doing the same brand of music that they Beatles made famous and are bringing nothing new to the table. In other words, they are picked by music executives to be a modern spin on the Beatles.
For most of their career, no one that wasn't female or over the age of 15 knew who the hell One Direction was. Not until 2015 when One Direction member Harry Styles put an Abbey Road styled pic of One Direction up on their Facebook page and bragged that they were Bigger Than The Beatles when they broke a Beatles record for most songs to debut at the top 10 on the Hot 100 chart. More recently, on 30 October 2017, they tied the Beatles with 3 of their members having #1 solo albums.
No one really paid any notice to Harry Styles bragging because no one really knew who the Beatles are except old fucks who really did nothing except get high and listen to music in the 60s and now that a lot of them are in retirement homes, they hate the idea of braggart kids stomping all over their history and achievements. The old fucks even went so far as to demand an apology from Styles, even claiming that what was said is equal to an atheist walking into a Catholic church and pissing on an icon of the Virgin Mary
Trying to be the voice of reason, Paul McCartney said, "I can see the comparison. They're pretty. They Sing Nice and girls like them. That's it. That's as far as the comparison goes. If they are going to be compared to anyone it should be groups like Peter, Paul And Mary, The Monkeys or Joan Baez who were hired to sing other people's music because they looked good and had pretty voices. When one of those faggots can actually write a song by themselves that stands the test of time like Hey Jude then they can compare themselves to me or the Beatles. PEACE", Paul said kissing his index and middle fingers to later make a peace sign.
How To Troll One Direction Fans Claiming They're Equal To The Beatles
- Remind them that the Beatles did it first.
- Ask them if One Direction writes their own music or plays their own instruments.
- Remind them that One Erection is no different than any Boy Band since the Monkees and they are based on the Beatles Model.
- Ask them when we will be getting One Erection movies like the Beatles' Help!, Yellow Submarine or A Hard Day's Night.
- Call them "One Erection".
- CHARLIE FUCKING MANSON BITCHES!!! Ask them if they've ever influenced a sociopath to kill celebrities like Sharon Tate.
- While on the subject of Sociopaths, ask them who their Yoko Ono is or if any of them have been shot outside of their home.
- Ask them who One Direction has directly influenced and if they have ever changed the sound of music on American radios like Elvis, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, David Bowie or even the Beatles.
- Remind them that auto-tune wasn't a thing in the age of the Beatles and that the Beatles sounded better without it than One Direction sounds with it.
- The Beatles actually wrote lyrics with actual meaning than sticking to the formula of writing a catchy hook and repeating it over and over for 3 and a half minutes like One Direction.
- The Beatles are credited with starting a new music genre, Punk, with the White Album and songs like Helter Skelter" and "Revolution 9. They are also the model that all boy bands like One Direction are based on.
- Say that they're obviously a fat, over weight girl that needs to shut the fuck up and go back to cutting herself because her liking One Direction is proof that no one will ever love her and you'll be right 95% of the time. If it is a boy, proceed with gay jokes and ask when they're getting it cut off.
- Ask them when there will be movies based on their music like the Bee-Gees' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band or Across The Universe.
- Go for the throat, tell them that One Direction doesn't campare to the 1980s and the talent of Prince who wrote his own music and even wrote a critically acclaimed movie, Purple Rain.
- Ask them if One Direction will be able to remain relevant for 50 + years like the Beatles.
- Ask them how many TV shows or cartoons have paid tribute to OneDirection and then go down the list of how many have paid tribute to the Beatles, for instance - The Powerpuff Girls did an episode called Meet The Beat-Alls as a tribute to the Beatles. Ask them if there has ever been a One Direction cartoon like the Beatles had, heck, even the Jackson 5 had a cartoon when Michael was still a kid and was the one getting molested.
- Ask them how One Direction has influenced fashion. The 60s had collarless Beatles jackets. The 1980s had Michael Jackson jackets and single gloves. In the 90s no one took a bath when grunge was in. David Bowie, in the 70s, started the androgynous look that would become popular in 80s Hair-Metal. Go for the throat again and remind them that a one hit wonder band in the 1980s like A Flock Of Seagulls even had a haircut named after them.
- The Beatles actually had talent.
- 16-year-old-girl the older girls get, the worse their music tastes become
- The Beatles
- Boy band
- Fat Larry's Band
- Forced Meme
- Gay what you have to be to be in a boy band
- Girl The market of boy bands
- Kpop Same shit, different language
- One Erection
Abbey Road is part of a series on
Visit the Music Portal for complete coverage.
Abbey Road is part of a series on
Visit the Memes Portal for complete coverage.
is part of a series on