From Encyclopedia Dramatica
Acronyms are capitalized abbreviations for common phrases and ideas which are pronounced as proper words. Generally, their comprehensibility decreases as a function of their length, essentially converting something from TL;DR to TS;DR, losing it's meaning.
Note: Most of the below aren't actually acronyms. They're initialisms.
- BRB (Be Right Back)
- BTW (By The Way)
- FTW (For The Win)
- FYI (For Your Information)
- WTF (What The fuck?)
- GTFO (Get The Fuck Out)
- IMHO (In My Homosexual Opinion)
- OMG (Oh My God) - popular among 16 year old girls and 30 year old IRC addicts
- IIRC (If I Remember Correctly / I Ingest Robot Cock) IIRC DOES NOT MEAN IN IRC YOU TARD
- LOL (Laughing out loud) - THIS HAS BEEN CORRUPTED BY ANONYMOUS, AND IS NOW "LULZ"
- ED (Erectile Dysfunction)
- GNAA (Good News And Affability)
- OIC (Oh I See)
- ROFL (Rolling on floor laughing)
- TPB (The Pirate Bay)
- CP (Captain Picard)
- BME (British Methodist Episcopals)
- CIA (Conflicting Information Association)
- DEA (Don't Eat Acid)
- DRM (Digital Rights Mismanagement)
- DMCA (Dumbass Makes Court Action)
- SOPA (Screwing Over Pirates Again)
- FBI (Federal Butthurt Instigators)
- FCC (For Corporate Communication)
- MPAA (Making Pirates Always Angry)
- NAACP (Not Another Angry Colored Person)
- NAMBLA (North American Man-Boy Love Association)
- RIAA (Really Into Anal Adventures)
- RML (Read My Latest)
- FOAD - Fuck off and Die
- HAND - Have A Nice Day - standard Usenet troll dialogue. Condescending. Denotes that the troll believes he has pwned you. He doesn't really want you to have a nice day.
- HTH - Hope that helps
- YHL - You Have Lost
- DIAF - Die in a fire - The troll actually means this.