Adam's Block is the name of a site run by a guy named Adam who lives a few stories above the Tenderloin, a fairly crimey neighborhood in San Francisco. Adam is a n00b in town. Adam
has HAD two very good cameras streaming video, with sound, of the streets below, 24/7/365.
The Tenderloin is a place where in the course of 15 minutes on any given night, you can buy some crack, get a blowjob from a junkie tranny, step into someone's shit on the sidewalk, and order some Pho (noodles) at a Vietnamese restaurant. It is not a very nice part of town.
Yet for all its faults, the Tenderloin is a true microcosm of American culture. It is a melting pot for boat people, homeless people, whores in any flavor, Negroes, classic kops and their fists-full of donuts, petty criminals, juvenile delinquents, and lost Alzheimer patients. The Tenderloin reflects U.S.A. culture like a mirror polished with methamphetamine residue and the shiniest expectorations of tuberculous alkies. The "Glide Memorial Church" is where all of the above congregate for a weekly dose of local white liberal guilt, and meatloaf.
What you see?
Adam's cameras capture all the amusing antics you might expect to see in such a place. It can be pretty boring for a while, but suddenly you may see a car's window get smashed in, or someone get mugged.
It also has a silly and fairly incoherent "chat" feature. There are signs, too, that Adam is beginning to take on an air of unwarranted self-importance.
Still, it may be worth a look.
- Crack Bush: A tree (lower left side of the screen) where bix noods seem to put things for other bix noods to retrieve.
The assumption is that it is crack.It's crack.
- Leroy: One of the Negroes. Usually wears a white shirt and has a somewhat deep voice. Tends to yell.
- Toupee with legs.
- Cart Man: Guy who pushes a shopping cart around the street. There is apparently also a mega cart man and a super cart man (larger carts).
- "Why do we pay taxes" guy: A guy who was on one night trying to flag down the police and the police didn't stop. He was yelling "Why do we pay taxes?"
- Party buses: Buses that bring partiers to the area, usually on the weekends.
- Ponch: Motorcycle cop.
- Glide Memorial Church (on the corner of Taylor and Ellis)
- Leroy's Bus Stop: The bus stop where Leroy is usually pacing back and forth.
- Ghostriders/Ghost Bike: Bike riders that are going so fast, their images appears as a ghost.
Adam's Block Goes Off-Air
Plans to make a new channel with multiple web cams in various locations are about, but that's yet to play through.
- Shoe on head (Down)
Here it is
- Adam's Block (Down)
- Archive of action (Down)
Adam's Block is part of a series on
Visit the Sites Portal for complete coverage.