An edit war is where the unfunny, chronic masturbators, butthurt McGee, and other wiktards get their kicks. Insisting that their version is the 'right' version, or hiding personal vices from the public, or other such faggotry, edit warriors will often try their best to ensure that their edits prevail, often by calling on friends to assist them, or engaging other edit warriors in places other than wikis. Edit wars can be reduced to childish "Yuh, huh!" "Nuh uh!" battles, in which nobody wins until a parent - or in this case a mod - gets involved and arbitrarily declares a winner, just so that the general retardedness of an edit war can be escaped by users who have genuine lulz to post.
An Example of an Edit War
—126.96.36.199 (talk) 05:08, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
How do I fuck with TOW?
If for some reason you wish to jump into this shitstorm for the purpose of generating lulz:
- Find an article with two fags engaged in an edit war.
- Pop in on the talk page and say something like "Oh hai, i herd you like 3RR?" (3RR is a TOW rule nobody cares about, basically you're not allowed to revert the same article more than thrice)
- Immediately go to the admins noticeboard and report the article and both fags.
- Drama ensues.
- "Revert wars, alleged sock-puppetry, and page protection: should the article on feces include this picture of a large human turd? As of early July 2005, the discussion on this issue alone had reached 12,900 words."
Be sure to read the image description.
- ED's Category on WikiEdit Drama
- Wikipedia's own list of Lamest Edit Wars
- Edit Wars can lead to Persistent Argumentative State.
Articles that have edit wars at least 4 times every day
is part of a series on articles which
are the subject of retarded edit wars
Beware all ye who tread here