Erowid is the result of years of scientific evidence compiled by astronauts under the effects of a wide variety of drugs and substances. If you ever wanted to know exactly how much stove cleaner or nutmeg you need to consume in order to trip balls you have probably come across Erowid as it is the only website on the internet that considers this type of information harm reduction and not too stupid and irresponsible to even mention. Contrary to the thought that Erowid must be hated by the DEA and other drug enforcement agencies around the world, Erowid is actually the leading promoter of drug legislation by conveniently listing exactly which drugs are currently legal in each jurisdiction and how to circumvent laws in place by listing legal but equally potent analogues of potent drugs like Ecstasy and Ketamine.
Dancing With The Island Of Mystical Crystal Interplanetary Space Fairies
The most famous and arguably useful part of Erowid is the Experience Reports feature which allows anonymous users to submit subjective reports of themselves under the influence of drugs. In previous generations, children growing up had to rely on learning the effects of drugs through their quiet uncles who drove the noisy volkswagon, stoner buddies, teachers, and the media. Contrary to what your creepy uncle and since deceased friend may have told you, snorting nutmeg doesn't get you high (it gets you super high) and anything that can be abused is fun and will have almost no side effects. These experience reports aren't just limited to commonly known drugs and household items, in fact, a large portion of the reports are around extremely vague and newly discovered chemical compounds created in sophisticated Chinese laboratories. Without valuable human test subjects provided by Erowid, the public would be unaware of inherent risks of many chemicals such as MDPPP potentially causing Parkinsons Disease and long term Mephedrone use causing people to become brain-dead DJs that speak in tongues while playing happy hardcore songs from 1998.
—Anonymous Male, After drinking coffee with fire ants in it.
—MC Oddball, After insufflating 250mg of mephedrone daily for two years.
—Anonymous Male #2, After inhaling 17 grams of 4-(1-oxopropyl)-jenkan-1-ol - an obscure underground designer drug
What Drug Is Right For Me?
Despite attempts to claim that Erowid is a harm-reduction website, many realize that it is actually the drug equivalent of metacritic. You wouldn't spend $59.95 purchasing Skyrim without first checking it's reviews would you? Why wouldn't you do the same for drugs? With Erowid, you can find out user opinions of drugs ranging from narcotics to dissociatives to full blown psychedelics and poison. Below is an example of awesome types of drugs with tons of reviews, be sure to check out which interest you!
- 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylcathinone (Methylone)
- 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenethylamine (2C-I)
- 3-MeO-2-Oxo-PCE (Methoxetamine)
- 1-benzofuran-6-ylpropan-2-amine (6-APB)
- 3,4-methylenedioxy-alpha-pyrrolidinopropiophenonepyrrolidinopropiophenonepyrrolidinopropiophenonepyrrolidinopropiophenone (MDPPPPPPPPPP)
- β-keto-N-methylbenzodioxolylpropylamine and propylamine accessories
- 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-(propylthio)phenethylamine (2C-T-7)
- 4-hydroxy-N-methyl-N-ethyltryptamine (Metocin)
- 4-Acetoxy-N-dimethyltryptamine (O-Acetylpsilocin)
And the best till last (You may randomly meet God as a result of dying from these Drugs)
- Jenkem (This includes Jenkanol, Jenkene, Jenkane and all of their 2, 3 and 4 position substituted analogues)
"I Want To Get High But Don't Like Drugs"
What's that, you don't like drugs? Well, we can help you there! Below is a list of other cool shit that is cool, linking to Real Trip Reports!
What a typical Erowid user looks like while submitting a trip report
What have you done lately to further humanity?
Types Of Drugs
Drugs are awesome, there are many types of drugs. Below is a list of the main categories of drugs with quotes that describe them:
- Stimulants - "I was strutting around thinking I was billy big bollocks but then I realised I was addicted to Cocaine!"
- Opiates - *Scratch Scratch Scratch*
- Benzodiazepines - "What the fuck, how did I end up in jail? The last thing I remember doing was taking some Bromazepam!"
- Dissociatives - "I feel like the world is sideways... Yet, I am seeing it straight up and I feel an unknown force pulling me back!"
- Deliriants - "Oh SHIT! I CAN SEE SPIDERS EVERYWHERE! They're crawling all over me!!!" *Forgets about spiders and starts playing with a lightswitch*
- Psychedelics - "Fish don't know they're under water..."
How Can I Get Involved?
You may be wondering how you can contribute to a community like Erowid. Just follow the steps below and you too can help future generations.
- Pour various cleaning chemicals together to create a turbo cocktail and drink it. Report the effects.
- Purchase new and exciting designer drugs from China or Poland and consume vast quantities over a long period of time.
- Buy books about pickles and tickles. All proceeds support Erowid.
is part of a series on
[Expand Your Mind]