|This article needs a serious clean up|
—Motto of Fanime
- 1 What is it?
- 2 How do you make it?
- 3 Gaining e-fame with a fanime
- 4 Names and Things to Know
- 4.1 Tokyo Crystal Mew
- 4.2 JCTrance19
- 4.3 Other Fanimes
- 4.4 Troll Fanimes
- 5 See Also
- 6 Links
What is it?
No one can really agree on what exactly is considered a "true" fanime, but the general consensus is that it's a Flash movie without the Flash. If you're too dumb to realize it yet from the opening line, all of it is derivative animu shit, with most of it being fanfiction (with most of the fanfic ones being for Tokyo Mew Mew). Unlike crappy flash movies, however, the creation of a fanime depends on a few key factors:
- The creator is too thin-skinned to handle getting rejected by Newgrounds' portal and wants to earn their e-fame an easier way.
- The creator either can't afford Flash on the allowance their parents give them (and their parents refuse to pay for a $700 animating program that they will get sick of within a week), and/or they are too dumb to figure out how to pirate it.
- They can get their hands on it, but learning how to properly use Flash requires too much time and effort. So fuck that.
How do you make it?
Most fanimes are animated the old-fashioned way: by hand. To make up for the fact that they don't have/don't want to learn Flash, the combination of the following common elements are used:
- Windows Movie Maker
- MS Paint
- Paint.net (A surefire way to upgrade the quality of your artwork, despite what the demotivator on the right says.)
- Sony Vegas (for those with richer parents)
- Any music and sound effects from that Sailor Moon knock off that you like that you can find.
- Movie clips from all of your favorite animes to trace over, since you just realized that you can't draw. (Smarter "Fanimators" hate this shit as much as Tartlets do.)
- A friend or two that can draw, because fuck style consistency, animating a 10 minute video alone is as hard as hell.
- Some friends (Youtube or IRL) and your parents to do the voices for the characters. (Protip: Make sure most of your characters are girls. The only guy who is going to be willing to do voice work for you is either your dad or JCTrance19.)
Gaining e-fame with a fanime
If you are really desperate to have a bunch of weeaboo girls bowing at your feet and leaving you retarded youtube comments, making a fanime is the easiest way to gain e-fame. Just follow these few easy steps and your e-penis will thank you.
- Cram as many animu archetypes as you can into the storyline. Failing that, you can just make it a fanfic for the most popular show that you can think of. You could also take a few plot elements from one and make something somewhat original. Anyone who can tell the difference or care will get flamed by your adoring fans when they say something about it.
- Have artistic abilities above that of an elementary schooler, or just be really good at coloring inside the lines if you plan on tracing over an existing show. (While it's been mentioned that smarter people will look down on you, others will eat this shit up as long as it doesn't look like a bunch of spray tool painted blobs.)
- Actually manage to put out at least one complete episode before "canceling" the show due to school work or because you have become bored and want to make another one for a new idea that you just came up with.
Names and Things to Know
NOTE: The only reason there are embedded Youtube videos on this page is because no one has made a script to embed Nico Nico Douga videos into ED articles yet.
You really should be watching this shit there. The comments add to the viewing experience immensely.
Tokyo Crystal Mew
The best fucking show on Youtube. Full stop.
Actually, it's just the most popular fanime. The only reason it's popular is because some /a/sshole discovered it in 2008 and flooded the creator's page with views. As a result, most other fanimes copy it. It still has a cult following today among /a/ssholes and /jp/ers due to its quality animation, epic monologues, and Chi, the rich bitch that the pedos from both boards like to fap to. The creator, mojocrystaltokyo, likes to gloat about how she "survived" an attack by 4chan. Even though they are the sole reason why her work is so popular and being mentioned here.
The show is about two catgirls who discover that they are "Mew Mews" (just like their parents) from a creepy purple eyed woman and fight aliens known as the
Seekon Anima Secret Enema. There are 3 complete episodes with a new one on the way, one remake, 5 side episodes, and 2 troll episodes done by KingofGETS. That's more than any other fanime! (Except for Diamond Mew Mew, but that shit is as bland as white rice and not worth watching.)
Toya Aoyama AKA Mew Cherry - (Played by Mojocrystaltokyo [a.k.a. "Kisaka Toriama"] herself.) A pink-haired retard and the main character. Even her mom, Ichigo, fucking hates her. Has her own spin-off show called "Toya The Mew Mew" where she acts like she just fried her brain by huffing some bleach.
Mina Shirogane AKA Mew Blueberry - (Played by MewFushi/OnakanoMIX [a.k.a. "Fushi."]} The straight man and only person willing to put up with Toya's bullshit. Threatens to buy people when they don't behave and looks a lot like Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Cookie Kogami AKA Mew Cookie - (Played by Invaderchibi/InvaderChibz) A 10 year old who goes to Toya and Mina's high school for some reason and can't decide if she's bubbly little kid or a bitch who isn't afraid to tell people off. Has her own side episode that reveals that she wasn't hugged enough as a child and has an evil alter ego that is frequently shown in the openings.
Chi Kuroi - (Played by Doobooqueen. [a.k.a. "Shion Himirai." A 7 year old furry that enjoys tormenting Cookie by trapping her in the bathroom and singing horrible cheerleading songs with her two henchmen. Her great grandmother, also named Chi, is a famous racecar driving Egyptian who sailed with Christopher Columbus. The most popular character on the show among people who enjoy it ironically.
Yuko - A cousin of Mina's father and the owner of Crsystal Cafe. Changes voice actors every episode and always either can't act or is impossible to understand due to the voice actress' accent.
Scooter Guy - FUCK YEAH, SCOOTER GUY!
The voice provider for every single male character. (Seriously, this guy is in every fucking video.) If you post an audition video for your show and he actually responds, that usually means that you're following the third list up top correctly. Though, we are hope you are happy with all of your male characters sounding like either him, or him talking through his nose, because those are the only voices he can do.
Nowadays, he focuses on just doing voices for people who couldn't get their dads to help them. But up until late 2009, he used to work on his own show called Care Bear Stars. No, you are not hallucinating. That says what you think it says. CBS was a horrible "mature" mish-mash of Care Bears with Sailor Moon elements thrown in and a hella lot of gay undertones amongst it's elementary school aged characters. (All of which he got butthurt over and denied constantly.) It was eventually C&Ded by the company who owns Care Bears and JC put up a long winded note about how he hated how all of the little kids thought his show was great and didn't realize that IT WAS A TROLL ALL ALONG YOU GUYS, SRIZLY! Even though he called anyone who didn't like it a "judgmental asshole" in one of his videos for it.
It was also notable for featuring Megami33 in the lead role doing something other than breaking peoples' speakers with her screaming and making one note bulimia jokes like a third rate Sarah Silverman.
The Death of Care Bear Stars
None of these shows or their creators have really caused drama, but they are still worth mentioning simply for the fact that they are the most popular by having done the impossible: Put out at least 1 complete episode.
Made by. It's something about a guy who sounds like a girl with an eye that kills people. Can't decide if it's a serious show or a humorous one and has "commerical breaks" every two seconds.
Digimon Season Love
Created by Ecstasy AKA Darks shows up in the 4th episode. Oh, and there are some traced digimon in there too.. It's one girl talking to herself and
Made by Middle Eastern country that looks just like a traceover of the town Sailor Moon lives in. It has a special about how bad religious fundies are and was turned into a slideshow sometime during the endless Episode 2 because it requires less effort to make.. A Sailor Moon rip off with flat characters set in a
Guilderland Mew Mew
Made by. Another Tokyo Mew Mew rip off. The creator and a bunch of her friends are turned into Mew Mews and make out with the alien villains. Production on the show was halted due to the creation of...
GMM's "sister show" by the same person. It's the same thing, only the self-inserts are in Mahou Sensei Negima and it features the creator being a complete bitch to her friends and going Exhibit B on some girls who make fun of her IRL.
Made by unfunny spoof of Sailor Moon that became such when the fanime community started complaining about the fact that every other fanime is a serious magical girl show. The creator almost left Youtube after the release of Episode 2 because everyone started giving her actual constructive criticism. Stars the creator as a character whose name is in the title and the account that it's on.. An
Made by. Boring as hell and yet somehow has 52 episodes and a "movie". Don't watch it.
Made by Traceovers out the ass. The plot has something to do with a girl learning black magic and bringing a pink haired girl to the world of the living..
Shortly after Tokyo Crystal Mew hit it big on the /a/sshole and anime fan circuits, like a meme spreading around the internet, others started to make troll fanimes. Ironically, some of them have better production values and are more popular than most legitimate fanimes.
Tokyo Moay Mew
A parody of Tokyo Crystal Mew by Youtube user Gaiafag pretending to be a /b/tard made it. The trolling attempt failed, as everyone who likes TCM likes it as much as the people who hate TCM does.. TMM can be described as TCM if a /b/tard or a
Nyan~ Neko Sugar Girls
The most popular troll fanime due to the fact that everyone and their mother has linked this somewhere to gawk at how bad it is. Nyan is about two supa supa kawaii catgirls doing inane shit with their pet pedophile. 6 episodes have been made and there is no sign of the creators stopping.
Akihabara Woof Woof
A frickin' kawaii fanime starring Bekah the Dog.
And The Rest
- Fanime World
- A wiki
- Archived /jp/ thread for Tokyo Crystal Mew that doesn't work with the 4chanarchive template.
- Ditto, except for Neko Sugar Girls
- Mirrors of various shows on Nico Nico Douga.
- Fanime Con, which has nothing to do with this article.
Fanime is part of a series on YouTube.