ILY (pronounced ILL-EE or EYE-LEE) is an abbreviation of "I love you," most commonly used by MySpace whores, gays, emo kids, and 16-year-old girls. It can be used over the internet, in text messaging, or written in those notes you used to pass when you had an erection in science class.
Not to be Confused With
- ilu (I love u)
- ily2 (I love you too)
- ifly (I fucking love you)
- ilfy (I love fucking you)
- ifly2 (I fucking love you too)
- idly (I don't love you)
- iwnly (I will never love you)
- iwaly (I will always love you)
- ilysm (I love you so much)
- ilysfm (I love you so fucking much)
- iwanflfysfm (I will always never fucking love fucking you so fucking much)
In American Sign Language
OMG, ILY is actually part of IRL ASL! The very creative one-hand static sign is made by combining the signs for the letters I, L and Y to form this (drawn illustration). Effective way to hit on Deaf chicks/dudes.
|ILY is part of a series on Language & Communication|