- Web IRC
- ED Bookmarklet
Know Your Meme
From Encyclopedia Dramatica
|Did You Know: this article is about Jewish thieves? For a cellulite riddled imitation, go here: http://www.knowyourmemes.com|
Know Your Meme (KYM) is essentially the end product of greedy corporate intervention into anything OTI. The site itself, which was for a short time a subsidiary of multi-national corporate giant Sony, was created entirely for the benefit of the newest of new and the odd over-the-hill, old media type. It is distinct from other sites (e.g. Lurkmoar wiki) in that Know Your Meme is clearly intended for mass commercialization of every "cute" meme that ever sprang forth from a *chan. It's also mostly safe for work, which is fucking lame. Sounding like someone yet?
Since its inception, KYM has had no shame corporatizing the internet culture they take no part in and, moreover, are exceedingly arrogant about this fact. You will often see this smarmy attitude first-hand from the odd mod or site rep attempting to justify the site's existence with such disingenuous statements like "nobody owns a meme, we all do", which is fine, except they are a fucking company that is making money off of them at the same time. If they could copyright every meme in existence, they would - a corporation's eternal mission is the divide and conquer mindset. It is basically I Can Has Cheezburger? raised to the tenth with 100 times the faggotry. The site survives largely off of retarded YouTube users, Gaiafags, Ponyfags, Furfags, Otherkin trannies, unsatisfied Oh Internet users and legions of other 12 year olds.
Although the site has been up since December 18th, 2007, it's surprisingly small and lacks content. /b/ on its worst day will never be as raeped by newfaggotry and AIDS. They hired to anchor their "webshow" in July, 2009, who just happens to also be in the YouTube Partner Program.
What's worse is KYM signed a major distribution deal with Sony in 2008. Now you can learn about memes while you're browsing on your fucking iPhone in class or playing MW2 on your PS3! Soon enough, you'll see niggers, kikes, and guidos walking down the street wearing XXXXL shirts stating that their penis size is over 9000. Supposedly this deal fell through not long after, but it will not be long before they're sucking more corporate cock.
KYM/Rocketboom managed to multiply already unthinkable faggotry with their Jewtube "webshow". The show consists of some hostess walking pair of tits or similarly clueless "researchers" doing their best to read a fucking teleprompter or script to explain any given meme in the most WACKY way possible. Soon everything you used to hold sacred will be able to be downloaded to some retards PSP for the low price of just $19.95...the days of reading through endless lines of boring text are over! Just watch a short YouTube video, and you'll be an instant oldfag.
You can now spout memes with the best of them: LOL HAY U GUISE ITS A TRAP ALL YOUR BASE ARE AN HERO HNNNNNG OVER 9000 MILHOUSE MUDKIPZ XD AM I COOL YET? SO CASH I DONT EVEN DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS
It actually got shittier!
Sometime around 2011 KYM was sold to the cheezburger network. Nothing really changed except for the fact that the web videos are now made by a completely different set of people which are actually worse than the first set of people. Currently anything pony related is dominating over every other article on KYM. As of late 2013, nothing has changed. There was a brief invasion of Doge as the top meme, but that quickly thinned out once Season 4 premiered.
The Fags Behind It
|This article needs moar people behind the faggotry.|
You can help by .
Rocketboom KYM Mememolly.png
Mememolly, just clueless.
The token ethnic guy (is he a beaner or chink?), aka "Cheese".
Some faggot who thinks he's important because he has his own website.
You're probably thinking, "who the fuck enjoys this stuff?". Well guess what? People actually do! Here's a short list of people who frequent Force Your Meme.
- 12 year old: Constantly spamming forced memes in every comment such as "U MAD" or "ITS OVER 9000!". They are the bread and butter of this site.
- Confirmers: If they see it once, they confirm it. If it's on youtube, they confirm it. If it's about their favorite game, they confirm it. If it's about anything they like, they will confirm it no matter how shitty or mind numbing it is.
- Ponyfags: Rejects of pretty much everywhere, they are welcome here at brony central known as KYM. They viciously defend the Friendship is Magic article and always ensure it stays trending due to that they constantly loom over the article like neckbeard vultures with nothing better to do. Beware, don't try to troll them! They will bury your comment like they did their virginity.
- Elitists (aka internet toughguys): The badass mother fuckers of KYM. They'll comment on your profiles and tell you to fuck off and tell you that your mad. Try and Deadpool a cool meme? They teach you otherwise with a thumbs down. You can tell who they are by their animu avatars.
- Intellectuals: People who put logic and reason into everything and "secretly" make fun of the trolls with their "startling intellect". Their favorite sayings are "well played, sir!" or "good fellow, I have to disagree!" or "gee, I could fancy a nice ass drilling right now!". They usually like to reference politics or make secular references to mask their inferiority complex, however this usually fails tragically since their prominent Brony-themed names or avatars are a dead give away to their crappy and lonely lifestyles (a perfect example of a typical KYM Brony Intellectual Elitist is this fag).
- Furries: Yet another exiled race to be welcomed into KYM and make up a large portion of the userbase. They pal around with the Bronies and the Elitists.
- Faggots: Many of the more prominent and older members of KYM's user base are attention seeking fags (mostly trannies) who are easily butthurt when either offending a meme they enjoy, offending one of the mentioned members of the user base, or using the word "gay" or "fag" in any instance unless it's to say "OP is a faggot".
- Social Justice Warriors: Many of the already mentioned types of users above belong to this bothersome category of whiny shits. Luckily there are just as many people who just don't give a fuck as there are Social Justice fags, which evens out the faggotry a bit (however even these supposedly Anti-SJ users will blow a gasket if a mild gay or tranny joke is made, basically making them closet-SJWs). Regardless, members of KYM will create shitstorms over just about anything, whether it is social issues or a fictional medium.
- Hypocrites: These people get butthurt when other people (i.e. 9Gag, big companies, and anywhere that isn't the internet) use memes, despite the fact that KYM themselves are promoting and gushing over the memes. In other words, 75% of the community.
- Assholes: See Riff-Raff.
- Don: KYM's based leader. The rest of the userbase is plotting to stage a coup against him for constantly forcing new Advice Animals, but you didn't hear that from us.
—The introduction of a failure 4chan clone.
The Riff-Raff forums is a piece of shit 4chan clone from the Fun section where faggots can treat Riff-Raff like 4chan's inbred child and be told not to take it seriously. Created by literally a fat fuck name Captain Blubber. Ever since Riff-Raff was created by the captain of obesity, Know Your Meme has become more cancerous than it ever was. Even more cancerous, Captain Blubberfuck made his rules for Riff-Raff to inspire 4chan's rules of the internet listed below:
- 1. Duplicate topics are fine. If someone makes a thread and you think that you can do it better or if you want to parody the other thread feel free.
- 2. Relevancy is not necessary. Purple monkey cheese XD. If you think a thread is bad or you just really, REALLY, need to get post an offtopic picture just to get it off your chest, there is nothing against that.
- 3. No porn or gore. Sorry, but there are other places you can go for that sort of thing. CNN does link to this site sometimes, you know.
- 4. No flooding or spamming. It’s not funny, and clogs up the board so we can’t read all the delightful shit posts. Leave it at the door.
- 5. Do not attempt to evade a ban. Kinda a site-wide thing, so if you are evading a ban just to post in Riff Raff, keep it on the DL.
- 6. Be Friendpfffhaha sorry, let me try again. Ahem, Be Frhahaha. No, that rule is not enforced here. Don’t go cyberbullying or publicly harassing, but if you have beef this is the place to vent. We promise not to laugh at you ;).
- 7. You might get suspended. Mods are free to give small 1 hour suspensions, for flights of fancy. Usually if you are a bad poster or just unlucky, you might get a 3 hour or less time-out. Don’t worry, these won’t count up to a suspension total and will not result in bans.
- 8. What happens in Riff Raff stays in Riff Raff. Riff Raff promotes shitposts and making fun of each other, but that doesn’t mean you can spill it out into the other boards. Keep the other boards on topic and don’t chase users around the forums mocking them. The regular rules apply out there and you’ll get in deep doo-doo.
—Captain Blubber's fat shitty 4chan inbred rules
- Know Your Meme constantly get their facts wrong. In their video on Weegee, they state that he simply originated as a creepy drawing that someone uploaded on the internet, completely glazing over the fact that Weegee is undeniably real, and will kill you. They also contend that Pedobear PROTECTS lolis and That Really Rustled My Jimmies originated from FunnyJunk.
We all know how wrong that is.
- Unsurprisingly, KnowYourMeme.com was named Time Magazine's 50th best website of 2009, which is ironic because all of its content is derived from other websites.
- It is also completely useless because you could just use ED to research any meme that's worth two shits, and many which aren't. Fortunately, every KYM page links to ED, so after reading their shit, you can just click on the link to know the truth.
- The admins of Know Your Meme can easily be offended and ban you if you break the following rules:
—Time Magazine, completely disregarding other websites ("wink wink") that did what they do about a decade earlier and much, much better.
How to do research for a KYM article:
- STEP 2: See same thread pop up twice.
- STEP 3: Go to KYM and open new article.
- STEP 4: Google search the meme.
- STEP 5: Copy all the information you find.
- STEP 6: Go to encyclopedia dramatica.
- STEP 7: Copy the entire article bout the meme.
- STEP 9: Copy all the pics off encyclopedia dramatica.
- STEP 10: ????????
I'm not sure if you're trolling or just have no idea who I am, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. In addition to almost 7 years as a confessed meme addict, I have moderated the largest meme forum on the Internet (at over 2 million subscribers) for over a year. You think I don't know memes? In that time I have removed over 400posts for not following subreddit guidelines. In addition to my moderation responsibilities I am one of the most active writers on knowyourmeme.com. You think I don't know memes? Then how do I write articles about them on a site called knowyourmeme? Several mainstream blogs have contacted me to ask about the recent meme phenomenon and each has been thankful and enlightened with what I had to tell them. It's not just limited to blogs though. Several companies have asked me to review their meme ads to avoid a failure like Toyota's meme commercial. Just last week a major food company contacted me with a paid offer to help them on a new ad campaign. I declined when I researched the company and saw that they had contributed money to socially conservative groups. It's safe to say that I am one of the world's foremost experts on memes and in fact there is no one I can think of that has a meme resume as impressive as mine. So please tell me, what are your qualifications to say that I don't know what a meme is
- Todd Goldman
- Gimme Pizza
- Oh Internet - KYM 2: Electric Boogaloo
- Operation: Stop Their Scheme - Anon failing it at taking down KYM
Know Your Meme is part of a series on
Visit the YouTube Portal for complete coverage.
Know Your Meme is part of a series on
Visit the Sites Portal for complete coverage.