|We rewrote this article just for you!|
MDK is probably the most surreal third/first person-shooter series to ever exist. There are two games in the series, MDK (1997) and MDK2 (2000) - with a HD version of the sequel in 2011. The first game is more like an absurd sci-fi movie and the sequel has very "I'm so random"-type humor.
What the fuck does MDK stand for?
- Madonna Dates Kylie
- Mother's Day Kisses
- Murder Death Kill
- Max Doctor Kurt
- Mission: Deliver Kindness
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong
- Massive Dong Knockout
- Multiplayer Dance Kneecaps
- My Dick Kills
(Feel free to add your own!)
<video type="youtube" id="SuqCHPiQuqw" width="200" height="150" desc="The biggest FUCK YOU of the decade, followed by Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt's ending in 2010." frame="true" position="right"/>
- MDK: Tagline: On a good day, only 2.5 million people will die. HOLY SHIT THE EARTH IS BEING ATTACKED BY ALIEN TANKS! Kurt has to save it. Before we can tell you that story, we have to tell you this story. The game's instruction book is styled in the journal of Dr. Hawkins, who mentions discovering "Flange Orbits." When he tells the rest of the scientific community, they're like "LOL OH WOW you're a faggot!" so he essentially exiles himself out of shame. The world got attacked by some gross aliens and he tried to warn Earth (and also sent down oranges) but nobody cared. So then Kurt had to like destroy the minecrawler tanks that the aliens were using to destroy Earth, and he assassinated Gunter Glut, the aliens' leader.
- MDK 2: Armageddon: HOLY SHIT CANADA IS BEING ATTACKED BY A REMAINING ALIEN TANK! For some reason, Max, Dr. Hawkins, and Kurt actually give a shit and go to stop it even though most people wouldn't really bother saving Edmonton from aliens. But even after each of the three douchebags try to attempt any progress in their mission, they keep getting kidnapped by the aliens, requiring each one to save each other. They find out the attacks were really by some guy called Emperor Zizzy Ballooba who literally says he attacked Earth for the lulz. After the Emperor is blown the fuck up, Max takes his throne, Kurt resumes cleaning toilets, and Dr. Hawkins returns to Earth, still a madman.
- Kurt Hectic: Some janitor who wants to live a normal, everyday life being a janitor. He was bribed with goulash (no seriously) to be the doctor's test subject for some pointy-looking goth sniper-suit, since Max couldn't wear it since he was a dog, and the doctor was too old to put it on. He saved Laguna Beach from aliens. He doesn't want to be a celebrity and actually doesn't have any unwarranted self-importance at all so we should all be more like Kurt. *HINT, HINT.*
- Max: Originally called "Bones" but he prefers "Max" because it doesn't sound as stupid. Max is a dog that has six legs. The first two pairs act as "arms" and he can shoot guns. He smokes and he drinks because he doesn't give a fuck. However any amount of coolness he has is stripped away because he is a furfag. He is captured by the final boss, Glut, in the first game, but Kurt saves him... and then suddenly Billy Ze Kick. The original Deal with it dog.
- Dr. Hawkins: A scientist who exiled himself because he wanted to make dumb shit in outer space aboard the Jim Dandy. He fights using radioactive toast. Really. Also when he helps save Earth, people welcome him back only to find out that yes, he is a crazy old man and you should avoid him.
THE SOUNDTRACK (WHICH IS FUCKING AWESOME)
Holy shit, the soundtrack for these games are the coolest things ever, and if you don't agree then you're a fucking faggot or deaf. Raymond Watts of the band PIG did a track on MDK2 so you know it's great. If you say otherwise then fucking huff rocket fuel you bitch. In fact that's why this article is made.
Non Non Rien N'a Changé and Trolling
As mentioned before, the ending to MDK pissed off (and simultaneously amused) gamers because who the fuck would expect random French stoner pop? Some whined that "THIS ISN'T THE RIGHT ENDING IT'S NOT CANON ARGHGHHAHABLBLE" while ripping out tiny hairs from their neckbeards, not realizing they're bitching about the ending to a game where there is a six-legged dog smoking cigars.
Steam users can't see this ending because the retards there distributed it as a Direct3D version, which means it's suitable for computers from like 1997 but sure as hell not today.
—Xyrophile, lol Direct3D
—Garlannd on YouTube;
2011 HD Remakes, and Reactions
In mid-2010, MDK2 was announced to be having a HD remake for 2011. It will be for the Wii and the PC. Fans were surprised that HOLY SHIT PC GAMING IS ACTUALLY REGARDED!
—willyyum from 1up.com, on being incredibly, incredibly unrealistic;
He's probably going to torrent it anyway.
The series doesn't have a lot of fan art compared to, say, Final Fantasy - but if there's fan art, there's faggotry:
- Invader Zim
- Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
- Trailer Park Boys (check the talkpage...)
MDK is part of a series on
Visit the Gaming Portal for complete coverage.