Donate to ED • Donors • Advertise on ED
From Encyclopedia Dramatica
Mai Waifu is an Otaku phrase literally not meaning "My Wife". A "waifu" is an anime character that a fan feels a special attachment to and "claims" her as his/her own. Some say this is unhealthy and proceed to bitch about it. Said fan typically appears in Mai Waifu threads on any weeb-related forums in order to talk about their favorite anime character(s) and their feelings towards them.
Advanced Symptoms of the Disease
|Happy Couples||About missing Pics|
- Forever Alone
- In the kitchen
- Marry Your Favorite Character Online
- Imaginary Girlfriend - the concept of "Mai Waifu" in a nutshell
- Sleeping With Hinako
- Body Pillows
- It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular - A manga about the average /a/non as a lolita, whom actual /a/nons don't see irony in wanting to make their waifu.
- Korean Otaku Marries Fate Testarossa Dakimakura - The disease plaguing neighboring countries
- Otaku Marries Waifu on the DS - Your handheld, now a potential soulmate
- shindanmaker.com - Find your destined waifu
- /mai/ - An entire board devoted to waifus
- maiWaifu App - Now an app for your smartphone!
| Mai Waifu is part of a series on Dying Alone
Mai Waifu is part of a series on
Visit the Anime Portal for complete coverage.