Neon Genesis Evangelion
From Encyclopedia Dramatica
This show, commonly refered to as Neon Genesis Evangelion, Evangelion, Eva, "Ee-Van-Jelly-Un", "Evangel Lion", or sometimes What the fuck did I just watch? is about an emo kid named Shinji Ikari who is under the care of Misato Katsuragi, an alcoholic pedophile. Along the way, he meets an emotionless loli named Rei and a Nazi loli named Asuka. These two have become legendary fap interests for virgin otaku the world over.
The Deep, Sophisticated and Intricate Plot
The Actual Plot (if there is one...)
Constant themes deal with him subconsciously wanting to fuck the shit out of his dead mom, his problems having a vital life-affirming relationship with his father who is too busy fucking the underage clone of Shinji's dead mom to notice him, and his having to pilot an alien/robot life form (that's secretly his dead mom in disguise) in order to attempt to defeat nearly invincible, huge alien life forms (who are actually biblical angels) who are hellbent on awakening the final angel Lilith (who is Adam's slut on the side) so she can turn the planet's inhabitants into a huge ball of cherry Kool-Aid for no readily apparent reason. WTF?
In Japanese, "Shinji" means "whiny Oedipus-complex bitch boy". Also the word "plot" doesn't mean anything in Japanese and hence this show just defined anime for the next generation. The highlight of Shinji's career as a pilot was fapping to an unconscious Nazi
Evangelion is notable for having over 9,000 final episodes, not to mention the 2 new movies recently released with alternate, alternating endings after the three movies already released. The show was created by some 1337 azn who was put into a mental hospital because he would slam the door on his dick. Every fangirl and fanboy just hate him because of the shit endings he keeps on throwing at them like a monkey would throw scat in a zoo. One day, last Thursday, he heard the doctors talking about Latin/Greek medical terms and freudspeak. The bat shit insane director thought it was "deep" and "philosophical" so he added some shallow references to Jesus and Gnosticism and he came up with this shit. He is also responsible for crucifying the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. See Xenoshit if you would like the copied yet makes more sense version of this non-sequential bullshit.
By the end of the series, Shinji is so emo that he single-handedly causes his clonemom Rei to rape the world, causing every person on it to turn into orange tang. Good going. Also the movie End of Evangelion should be noted for having the biggest pair of tits that you will ever find anywhere. It should also be noted that in the last episode, we find out that Shinji's dad is, in fact, Shinji's mom. Go figure. Cheer up, emo Shinji.
- Shinji Ikari: The Third Child. A useless loser who's only still alive because his EVA goes apeshit whenever he's in danger. When he isn't whining or navel-gazing, he can be found masturbating to comatose girls. At the end of the series, his psychological issues lead him to destroy humanity, which causes many to call him history's greatest monster. So much tragedy could have been avoided if he'd just gotten therapy. He may or may not be bisexual, but he's definitely a bottom.
- Asuka Langley Soryu: The Second Child. A typical fourteen-year-old girl who uses an arrogant, abrasive façade to hide the scared child she is inside. Why is she so miserable? Well, her mother went batshit insane thanks to losing part of her soul, and later entered a suicide pact with a doll.
- Rei Ayanami: The First Child. A clone made from Yui Ikari's genetic material, combined with the essence of an angel and a robot. Gendo intends to use her to start his own Third Impact. When she's not getting ready for her role in the event, she stares at walls. She's unpopular in-universe, but countless IRL Otaku have masturbated to her. Because she's one of many clones, she thinks of herself as expendable.
- Misato Katsuragi: NERV's operations director. An alcoholic who hates the Angels because of her daddy issues. She alternates between being a scarily competent military genius and a goofy party animal. Fanboys chalk this up to character complexity (that or mental illness), but these inconsistencies seem more likely to be caused by bad writing. She may or may not be a pedophile who wants to bonk Shinji.
- Gendo Ikari: Commander of NERV. A former thug, he later became a scientist working for SEELE. He closed his heart off and sent his son off to live with a teacher after his wife died. At some point, he grew an ugly neckbeard. Now he has a rather disturbing relationship with Rei, his wife's clone. He manipulates absolutely everybody as part of a confusing scheme where he subverts SEELE while at the same time trying to start a Third Impact of his own. Why? Because he wanted to reunite with his dead wife, and wasn't willing to become an hero.
- Kaworu Nagisa aka Tabris: The Fifth Child and Seventeenth Angel. He was sent by SEELE to replace Asuka after she went full Terri Schaivo. His purpose was to end the world, but fell in love with Shinji. Eventually, the urge to merge with Adam became too strong, so he ran into the basement. He found Lilith there instead, and not wanting to merge with her, got Shinji to crush him because he couldn't self-terminate.
- Toji Suzuhara: The Fourth Child. Shinji accidentally put his sister in the hospital. Because of this, Toji punched him on his first day of school, only to later befriend him. To get his sister into a better hospital (apparently, Second Impact fucked up the Japanese healthcare system), he agreed to become the pilot of Unit-03. Little did he know that it was infected by the T-Virus, so Gendo forced Shinji to tear the Evangelion apart, crippling Toji in the process.
Since the targeted audience of angsty teenage males was reached by the show, spin offs of the series were produced in game and manga form and sold for high prices. In one of the games though, Shinji stops being a pussy and gets laid. Too bad his first time is with the gay character. So in a sense, you COULD say Shinji IS being the pussy, since Kaworu most likely was the Butch in this relationship, giving him total pwnership of Shinji's mangina.
Dealing with Evangelion fantards
Evangelion is extremely popular with useless nerds who think that throwing random Christ imagery and flashing random Japanese text on the screen in a cartoon about giant robots is deep and meaningful and who think that it is perfectly acceptable for a director to get 50 hours of screentime and still not be able to tell a story. The best way to troll Evangelion fans is to refuse to see the movie. This makes them butthurt. Not to mention that Evangelion is an uncreative rip-off of Ultraman, just with more colors and misconstrued teen angst.
Rebuild: The Return of the Emos
OMG, It's Back?!! You thought that the raving fantards had finally dropped the show after 12 years. You thought /a/ was finally done discussing how "DEEP" Evangelion was. You were wrong! Apparently, Hideaki Anno has decided to bless us with another installment of mind-raping mecha anime staring emo traps and this time, it's gonna be in the form of 4 feature-length movies. The series is called "Evangelion: Rebuild" and it's an attempt by Hideaki Anno to milk this battered and bleeding cow for all it's worth. So far, the first and second movies have come to America on DVD, with the third installment finaly released after three years of doing jack shit. The second movie introduces a new Mary Sue character named "Mari", and alters the original plot near the end. This has caused many oldfags to RAGE, but some normal people hope this means the finale won't be a total mind-fuck this time.
Anno seems to have realised that nobody wants to see a show about emo faggots constantly bitching and has instead turned it into a series about people in robots who get shit done. Hawt jailbait, too. Can't forget that, can we?
Unfortunately the third installment has thrown all previous improvements out of the window. Everyone is weird and depressed again. Shinjii has also become the dumbest character in the entire mini-series. He is so fucking stupid that he actually unleashes armageddon TWICE in four movies so far. Holy shit.
Of course, some oldfags are suggesting that the whole thing is just a continuation of the batshit fucking insane finale of the original series, set in some kind of alternate dimension. If that is the case, prepare to have your virgin minds surprise sex'd once more by the gigantic, throbbing, radioactive cock of Japan itself.
Shinjii kills himself, stopping the man-made cycle of reset. Letting god recreate earth with its regular cycle. Everyone dies and the show ends. Or Shinjii mans up (yea right) and fucking massacres angels left and right, Asuka finally sees him for what she's always wanted and shows Shinjii love which is all he's ever wanted... OR ... the director fucks us again, just wait and see in 2015.
No Rei Is This Cool
The creator of this insane mess wrote the character of Rei to be as disturbing as fuck. What with being a brainwashed semi-robotic loli who is normally seen badly injured and in bandages. Even he was creeped out when instead fanboys decided that an underage child abuse survivor with the personality of a pot plant would make the hottest waifu ever and bought millions of body pillows for trillions an trillions of Jew Gold.
Evangelion Photo Gallery
|Gallery||About missing Pics|
- Anime - More kiwi shit.
- King of Braves GaoGaiGar - LOL ASUKA GOT RULE 63'D.
- Gendo Pose - The only good thing to come out of that series.
- Gurren Lagann - Pure, nonsensical, nonsense ... with dildos.
- Trigun - Another overhyped piece of shit.
- Super Robot Wars - Anno himself got on his knees and sucked a ton of cock to get this shit into this game series.
- Kill la Kill- Evangelion meets Dragon Ball Z & Panty Stalkings.
It's real lol.Fake
 A Shitty Rant. from 29-year old animefag "Penguintruth" from the AnimeNewsNetwork. Who Proudly Proclaims towards the Sane-people "No, You Do Not Have More Balls Than Shinji Ikari"
Neon Genesis Evangelion is part of a series on
Visit the Memes Portal for complete coverage.
Neon Genesis Evangelion is part of a series on
Visit the Anime Portal for complete coverage.