Add pixplzkthnx to Pop CulturePlz to be adding some pix now kthnx. Consult the image selection process for help, or just google up some pix.
Plz remove this notice once there are plenty of pix.
Once upon a time there was a thing called culture. Then movies, radio, and television were invented, and real culture was replaced by "pop culture".
Pop Culture (short for popular culture) was invented in the 1960s by a gaylord artist named Andy Warhol (who also popularised AIDS) when he discovered that you can indeed fool all of the people all of the time when he started selling shitty sketches of Campbell's Soup™ cans and Anna Nicole Smith for obscene amounts of money.
At the moment, Pop Culture includes every vapid fad from art movements to musical genres like emo to memes to celebrities like OJ Simpson to language such as "Don't Taze Me Bro". However, since popular culture by definition encapsulates what is currently 'popular', today's Pop Culture is tomorrow's Old School or Retro.
It can be defined as any damn thing in the past 100 years that has been quoted and spoofed and put on a fucking Hot Topic t-shirt over and over until any intelligent person wants invent a time machine and go back to the 1950s when Pop Culture was just known as stuff (truckers' hats for example). But the majority of people in the world are a bunch of easily-entertained Aspies who will smile and laugh at anything that's familiar to them.
Because everyone is out of fucking original ideas, pop culture is frequently regurgitating itself over and over. Many TV shows (most notably Family Guy) are popular because of this regurgitating. The human race loves familiarity over quality, it seems.
Notable Shows/channels/websites that use Pop Culture as a substitute for actual humor
- Family Guy (No. 1 offender)
- The Simpsons
- South Park
- Robot Chicken
- The new series of Doctor Who
- Homestar Runner
- TV Tropes
Is there any way to stop the endless regurgitation?
Sadly, no. As long as there are giggling retards (like me) who will buy or watch something because "OMG I remember that LMAO!", pop culture will continue to eat itself up and vomit itself up again. The only way to stop this is to kill 99.9% of the population (the remaining .1% being people who enjoy original ideas and actual humor). Until that happens, losers like me will continue to sit back in our Monty Python T-shirts, drinking SURGE cola and watching "I Love The 90s"
Invariably, a twangy country singer/songwriter will come along and oversimplify things in a semi-humorous manner. Although the lulz are only moderate... because if the lulz were great, the above section would cause a time paradox. In any case, songs can will to will help alleviate some stress.
How to Create "Pop Culture" Yourself
It has been Scientifically proven, if it wasn't already totally obvious that ALL Pop Culture from Music to video games to movies are just a regurgitation of old, dusty plastic crap of the past. Today you too can make similar content following these steps:
- Find a bunch of old stories or whatever your planning to use and mix them together in a crappy manner.
- Seanbaby Fail site, fag who works for EGM.
- X-Entertainment Fail site, shit no one cares about.
- Syd Lexia Fail site that no one knows about due to its shittiness and its virgin owner.
- Maddox Fail site notable for ranting about shit no one cares about and its owner being a pioneer of trolling.
- RetroJunk Fail site notable for people downloading commercials and uploading them to YouTube.
- Robot Boombox Fail site, one of the writers is a Jew with a history of failed websites, so hopefully this one will follow that proud tradition. Oh, and did I mention one of his inspirations is Jasonrivera.com? LOL, this oughtta be good.
- RetroDrome Fail site, notable for allowing user articles just like RetroJunk, so expect a bunch of poorly written and grammatically atrocious articles.
- Happy Katana Fail site, this site is about as small time as it gets and no one will ever give a shit about it.
- Zack's Weekly Record Fail site about music, I guess this faggot thinks he writes for Rolling Stone or something.
- Outskirt Noise Fail site, again about music, though this one is more about underground artists that no one has heard about.
- The Video Game Critic Fail site that has over 2000 video game reviews since 1999, indicating a person who has way too much time on his hands. This guy is so egotistical that he refers to himself as THE Video Game Critic, as if he's the definitive source on reviewing games. Self righteous asshole.