Psychological Operations (PSYOP, PSYOPS) are techniques used to influence a target audience's emotions, motives, objective reasoning, and behavior. The target audience is usually the userbase of a target website, and PsyOps are used in order to induce confessions, or reinforce attitudes and behaviors favorable to the objectives at hand. These are sometimes combined with black operations.
This concept has been used by military institutions throughout history. /i/'s first concerted attempt at PsyOps was during the Longcat Crusade, where it was used to enormous and advantageous effect—turning a large part of the Subeta userbase against the admins and Owner. Psyops are usually employed in LARGE raids, that require the decimation of an entire population of forumgoers and the breakdown of admin-user relations.
Psyops must be willing to (at least temporarily) become the thing they hate. They must embed themselves into the organizational structure of a site and agree. However, the PsyOp's skill comes in they way he phrases his agreement. Consider this: The site owner says something along the lines of, "So, these eBaums fags are really assholes." The user will say, "Yeah! I hate them!!!" The PsyOp says, "They are! But we shouldn't call them fags...that's intolerant."
The difference is subtle, but meaningful. You have agreed with the admins, but you have also pointed out that the admins are intolerant. As you post more, the more dissent you can spread... while completely agreeing and following the TOS and/or EULA.
BONUS LEVEL: 419eater is a site where some good-doers want you to troll Nigerian scammers to distract them, which can get some lulz and you can fuck with them all you want. By going through multiple scambaitings, any troll will become a master at the fine and subtle art of PsyOps.
Techniques to master
|Fact Cat says:|
If you plan to converse/debate with targets, read the following and make sure you know how they work. MASTER THEM!.
- DisInformation (False sources)
- Scapegoat (blame it on someone else)
- Proof by assertion (they love dis)
- Appeal to emotion (basic foundations for psyops)
- Misrepresenting a position
- Pick your wordz wisely
Also familiarize yourself with these methods and their consequences:
These are much longer and more difficult to understand. So make sure you re-read and master.
-  Ad Hominem (basic way they use to attack)
-  False Dilemma/False Dichotomy (limiting your choices)
-  Red Herring (going off topic)
-  Half truth
-  Reductio ad Hitlerum (Protip: Not effective on average douchebags, because they don't understand such theories. Even if it were not trolling, to them its either claim you're a troll or consider the possibility an opinion apart from their own has credibility)
Just read and memorize every technique at the bottom of this page, an you'll do just fine.
- If you need to lie (which you shouldn't because we seem to be 'in the clear') make sure your lies are around 90% truth and only 10% lie. This makes it much harder to disprove, and if the subject decides to research on their own, they will find the truth then see your argument as credible. If they find anything disproving, also this adds reasoning that the person, merely miscommunicated rather than lie directly to the target.
- People generally will generally convince themselves when it comes to falsehoods, the best thing to do is provide the groundwork and let their minds work against them.
- Details are the absolute most important thing there is. Several small things are infinitely more likely to pass you off as a true member of the community than a huge red fucking banner on your myspace proclaiming 'I HEART YIFF' or whatever applies. Once again, people generally convince themselves far more effectively than anyone else ever could. All you have to do is lay the path and put the rose petals down.
- At the same time, too much detail is a bad thing. If a new user demonstrates encyclopaedic knowledge of the target community, people will become suspicious.
- If you need a guide on how to troll through arguments, and need more help on the argument itself, see Forum Trolling.
Retards have firm belief that the New World Order is waging a psychological war on the populace even as we speak. Notable events included are 7/7, 9/11 and WMDs. Some argue that the Gulf of Tonkin incident never happened either, all the better to get us into a war and prop up our economy! So where does this retarded shit actually come from?
Retards dismiss the context of history into account and realizing that Pearl Harbor WAS a tremendously catalyzing event that united the Americunts, briefly interrupting their oppression of micks and niggers. Instead, it is widely believed by faggots everywhere that this was a literal foreshadowing of things to come. Which is truly amazing. That people that have pulled the strings of the world for centuries would make such a colossal fuck up as that. The government was entirely incapable of perpetrating such an act because as we all know, they are just Jew marionettes. In summary, Jews did WTC! case closed.
Neo-conservatives have a mindset that says that only way to unite a society and keep them from drifting apart into an orgy of debauchery is for them to be united behind a common enemy. Thus conspiracyfags believe that Cheney's quote and the catalyzing effect that 9/11 had was part of a Neocon plan to unite the country and kill some brown people. As if we ever needed a reason to slaughter minorities to begin with.
They BAW loud and hard about how planes weren't scrambled and zomg the Neocons (and Jews, don't forget Jews) prevented it so the passenger planes weren't shot down. Because apparently with a 333 billion dollar defense budget no one considered it might take more than 14 combat ready fighters to defend the continental U.S. Fuck you, Alaska and Hawaii. Fucking freak states.
Thus, the Neocons did WTC stupidity was shat into existence thanks to the ability of any idiot that can subscribe to AOL talking on the internets. Though they did manage to ram the Patriot Act through thanks to gullible stupidity that we could "trust our government to protect us!"
The London bombing of 7/7 that killed 52 people and left several hundred injured was also believed to be a PsyOp on the British populace. Apparently, sometime since we fought wars against each other Britain and America became intimately intertwined in such a way that they murder their citizenry together. And to think, some people take wedding vows.
Much like 9/11, there was an exercise going on determining what would happen if there was bombing attacks at the same rail stations where the attacks occured.
—Peter Power, Crisis Management Specialist
So between this and the government's refusal to have an open inquiry into the day, conspiracy theories abound about how it was used to pass tighter regulation and sacrifice more liberty for "security". Pussies.
Security alerts to stave off the potential terrorists are now met with astute professionalism as voiced by this faggot.
—Scotland Yard guy
And by certain people he means black and brown people. We do that in America too. It hasn't helped shit.
PsyOps is part of a series on
Visit the Truth Portal for complete coverage.
PsyOps is part of a series on
Visit the Trolls Portal for complete coverage.