|This article needs moar pix.|
You can help by .
Sylvia Plath was the writer responsible for popularizing confessional poetry, in which the poet goes on for soppy pages about how dreary life is, and how all the puppies look sad, and how much she wants to stick her head in an oven. Eventually, she tired of writing about suicide and committed it, instead.
- seraphic's Blurty Entries
- "I love sylvia plath, the words are so alive, burning, jagged, expressive. ... omg justin just came on the television. all those colored lights..."
- "i really didn't like The Bell Jar."
- "I hate Sylvia Plath. Every single inch of her that's ever made it to print repulses me." --Isolde
- The Writer's Box Forum: The "I Hate Poets" Thread
- "I hate sylvia plath. I hate her so much. I hate the uber-pretentious, pseudo-high-brow, obnoxious and turgid style that she uses." --AAARRRGGH
- Greasy Matt's Profile
- "I hate Sylvia Plath with a passion, so don't ever ask me to read her shit because I won't do it." --GreasyMatt
- Benrick's Blog
- "i hate sylvia plath what a sissy way to kill yrself. --Benrick
- Fifty Biggest Assholes of All Time
- "Sylvia, if you can read this in Hell, I hate you. A lot. You've wasted several hours of my life. When I see you in Hell, I will take them back." --John
- If Sylvia Plath had never married Ted Hughes, your average emo would have no reason to even consider reading her because she would be described for what she really was, a rich, overindulged, pampered Americunt partygirl, similar to Paris Hilton that tried to sell her, at best, mediocre recordings chronocling her drinking, fucking and obsession with death as something that hardly made an attempt to resemble literature. --Erotic Joe.