|Below is a reconstructed version of the Tv Tropes page for the ecchi Manga Hen
All spoilers are unmarked, trope tags and specific TV Tropes HTML code has been stripped out.
The Main Trope Page
Chizuru Yoshida is a high-school girl with improbably large bosoms and a very active, very heterosexual sex life. However when a new student, Azumi Yamada, awakens some unfamiliar feelings in Chizuru's heart, our heroine is forced to reconsider her sexuality.
Hen was created by Hiroya Oku, better known as the mangaka of Gantz. It was adapted into a live-action drama in 1996, and also into a 2-episode OVA in 1997. The OVA was released by Central Park Media under the title Strange Love.
This manga provides examples of:
- Alpha Bitch: Chizuru starts as one.
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Quickly turns into this soon after she stops trying to deny her feelings for Azumi, and by the end of the manga almost all of her more loathsome qualities have almost entirely faded.
- Adorkable: Azumi and Ryuichi.
- Anguished Declaration Of Love: Chizuru to Azumi. Also, Azumi and Ryuichi give each other simultaneous declarations.
- AuthorAvatar: Oku
- Bait And Switch Lesbians: Nearly succumbs to this, but is averted at the last moment.
- Betty And Veronica: Azumi and Chizuru are this to Ryuichi. Subverted when the Betty and the Veronica end up with each other rather than the guy.
- Brother Sister Incest: Suzuki and Saena
- Catapult Nightmare: Ryuichi, though it's more of a Catapult Wet Dream.
- The Chikan: Chizuru gets groped by one.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Chizuru
- Closet Key: Azumi is Chizuru's.
- The Danza: Oku
- Date Rape Averted: Sugita's brother nearly rapes Chizuru when she's drugged unconscious, but he's foiled when she wakes up in the nick of time because she smells Azumi's perfume on the floor above.
- Distracted By The Sexy: Chizuru's huge tracts of land frequently have this effect on the male characters.
- Dojikko: Azumi
- Double Standard Rape Female On Male: Played quite straight when Chizuru gets Ryuichi drunk and rapes him while he's passed out.
- Dude Looks Like A Lady: Sato
- Erotic Dream: Chizuru has some extremely Freudian, extremely disturbing ones about Azumi. Azumi later has some much less disturbing ones about Chizuru.
- Erotic Eating: Sato eats a popsicle this way.
- Even The Girls Want Her: Azumi. Chizuru falls in love with her and is more than willing to make an exception for her despite being straight.
- Fan Nickname: "Titzilla" for Chizuru. Also "Elvis" for Suzuki and "Mouse-chan" for Azumi.
- Femme Fatale: Chizuru
- Gainaxing: It's a manga, and yet the female characters still manage quite a lot of bouncing.
- Girl On Girl Is Hot: When Ryuichi's film script is reworked to include a kiss between Chizuru and Azumi, the drama club boys heartily approve.
- Girls Love: Sort of. It has a lot more heterosexual sex scenes than your average Girls Love manga.
- Gonk: Oku and the 11-year-old boy.
- Gratuitous Rape: The subplot where the 11-year-old boy rapes Chizuru comes out of nowhere, has no lasting effect on the characters involved, and adds exactly zilch to the overall story.
- Harsh Word Impact
- I Was Just Joking: Chizuru does this a lot, sometimes to the point of audience confusion.
- If Its You Its Okay: Azumi is the only girl that Chizuru is attracted to.
- Kick The Dog: Chizuru, a lot.
- Ladykiller In Love: Chizuru is a female example.
- Love Triangle: Between Chizuru, Azumi, and Ryuichi. Later it expands into a Love Dodecahedron involving Azumi, Chizuru, Suzuki, Sato, Azumi's school friend, Suzuki's sister, and Oku.
- Marshmallow Hell: Again, Chizuru is usually the one providing the, er, marshmallows.
- Meganekko: Sugita
- Ms Fanservice: Chizuru
- Naive Newcomer: Azumi
- No Bisexuals: Chizuru gets confused because on the one hand, she loves Azumi (so she must be a lesbian), but on the other hand, she likes having sex with boys (so she must be straight). It never occurs to her that she might be bisexual.
- Nobody Poops: Averted; there are a couple of scenes showing Chizuru on the toilet.
- Noodle People
- Nosebleed: Chizuru has one after she sees Azumi naked.
- One Head Taller: Chizuru and Azumi
- Panty Shot: Usually Chizuru.
- Put On A Bus: Ryuichi
- Really Gets Around: Chizuru
- Red String Of Fate: Referenced in the plot of Ryuichi's movie.
- Replacement Love Interest: Sugita is this for Chizuru, when she's on the rebound after her disastrous public confession to Azumi.
- School Play: Actually a student film, but it serves the same narrative purpose.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians
- Shotacon: In a bizarre inversion, Chizuru gets raped by an 11-year-old boy.
- Shower Scene: Chizuru gets a few, and the two girls get one together.
- Skinship Grope: Chizuru is a frequent target. She herself does it to Azumi and Saena.
- The Tease: Chizuru
- Yandere: Sugita
The YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) Page
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The brief storyline where Chizuru gets handcuffed to a bed and raped by a middle-school kid definitely qualifies. Afterwards, it's never mentioned again, Chizuru seems to be unaffected by the experience, and the story returns to its usual Girls Love romance plot.
- Bile Fascination: This manga enjoyed a healthy run on the Daily_Yuri Livejournal community mostly due to this trope. The comments are full of people referencing Train Wreck Syndrome by name.
- Coitus Ensues: Twice this trope is used to kick off two heterosexual scenes, one plot relevant but mostly for shock value, and the second was a badly contrived Shotacon excuse. In both cases, neither scene really proves necessary or relevant in the grand scheme of things.
- Fetish Retardant: Your mileage may vary on whether Chizuru's physique is sexy or just disturbing.
- Idiot Plot: Frequently.
- Memetic Mutation: TITZILLA SMASH!
- Moe: Azumi
- Narm: So many scenes to choose from, but especially the one where Chizuru loudly and dramatically declares herself a lesbian to a crowd of her peers... and follows that up by inviting all the boys to
come gang-bang her.
- Romantic Plot Tumor: Suzuki's sideplot drags on for a long time, overshadowing the actual plot towards the end. Granted, he does provide a nice foil to Chizuru (being in a similar situation), but his sidestory become a Spotlight Hog to the point one volume barely features Chizuru or Azumi at all.
- The Scrappy: Oku, for being a creeper and having a Gonky character design, and Chizuru, for her Jerk Sue traits and tendency to hang on to the Idiot Ball like it's her firstborn child.
- Snark Bait
- Squick: Sugita wanting her brother to rape an unconscious Chizuru while she watches.
- Uncanny Valley: The artist's grasp of human anatomy can get a little loose at times.
TV Tropes Related Drama
This page was cut, though oddly enough it was murdered before it was even labeled as porn by either Fast Stalin or his P5 fuckbuddies after the April 2012 Pedocide.
Apparently the page was blanked by some anon whose identity remains a mystery.