Jump to navigation Jump to search
We're all adults here, I'm sure we'd survive if the article were renamed Pornography. -Gray 04:15, 13 July 2012 (EDT)
- Not that I care one way or the other, but all these would have to be changed as well. Mike the Great (talk) 04:18, 13 July 2012 (EDT)
- Pr0n can just be turned to a redirect to Pornography -Gray 04:21, 13 July 2012 (EDT)
- No, it should be pr0n, that's the correct Internets slang...although I don't remember the exact meaning/reason/rules behind that one. Most of this oldbie slang that we came up with back in the 90s ~does~ have actual purpose behind it. For example "teh" is primarily used when you want to turn a verb into a noun (or vice versa).
- Most of them are meant as "communication hole fillers", that we came up with to compensate for the inherent loss in communication in a plain text environment...upwards of 80% to 90% due to things like body language, eye movement, vocal inflection, pitch, intonation, facial expressions, gestures, tone of voice, etc, etc.
- In order to compensate for that incredible loss we came up with stuff like emoticons/smilies, *gesture marks*, ~sarcasm marks~, as well as invented a whole slew of new words, punctuation, phrases, slang, etc. Most people tend to think it's all random, but most of it was actually created with very clear intentions and usage. --Onideus File:Sig Rainbow Clouds.png 07:25, 13 July 2012 (EDT)
- We show up in Google search under pr0n, pornography on the other hand is a much more difficult keyword to get listed in. Plus this is an Internet culture encyclopedia, pr0n works. --zaiger (talk) 10:52, 13 July 2012 (EDT)