A Tamagotchi is a tiny, digital slave bound inside a cheap, mass-produced plastic egg. They (like all cheap, mass-produced, brightly colored plastic crap) originated in an Asian country. Tamagotchis were popular and all the cool kids had to have one in the late 90's.
Tamagotchi was originally intended to amuse children for days by giving them a little creature to care for. It was supposed to encourage nurturing feelings in kids by simulating the experience of having a beloved pet. Owning an actual pet is often very arduous and expensive, not to mention both physically and emotionally demanding. With that said, a Tamagotchi was totally like owning a real pet:
- They could be suspended from a metal ring, clipped to a necklace or backpack and carried with you everywhere.
- Your initial purchase cost covered the pet's entire life (with a lifetime of food and toys) and you never had to spend another dime.
- Your pet's basic needs could be met through cold, unfeeling button mashing. No other exertion on your behalf was ever required.
- If you forgot to feed or care for your pet for a couple of days, it would die. But you could always just stab them in the back with a pencil where there was a hidden reset button, which immediately brought them back to life. In the same manner, you could always relive the best part of a pet, their cute babyhood and adolescence. Anytime they got old and just sat around and pooped, you could stab them back into their adorable infancy. If you wanted to stick it out with a decrepit old virtual pet, there was no need to have it put down, as it's life span was a few days to two weeks at best.
Yep, just like real life. Pointing these things out in Tamagotchi forums and fan sites results in great butthurt; many Tamagotchifags will still attempt to justify their pride over successfully rearing their "virtual pet" or their emotional attachment to them.
Many of the lowest points of humanity that occurred in the late 90's were in the direct vicinity of Tamagotchi toys (the rest of the low points were around boy bands). Some schools put up bans on Tamagotchi toys because emotionally disabled kids would freak the fuck out if their beloved digital slave passed away in class. Many a rain forest was felled to create enough Kleenex to sop up the collective tears of grieving faggots. Of course, within minutes, just about all grew their balls back and did the right thing; stabbed the plastic, vacant carcass of their deceased pet and reset them back to life. There is some speculation that the resurrection of Jesus actually occurred in a quite similar manner.
- Mametchi: The end result of actually taking care of your Tamagotchi; thus, he is impossible to obtain.
- Memetchi: A female gotchi that is Mametchi's slut. She comes from GuroGuro Town. Coincidence?
- Kuchipatchi: They try to deny it, but he's a fat, green duck!
- Violetchi: All questions can be answered by Rule 34.
- Gozarutchi: A Ninja, no moar questions need to be asked.
- Mimitchi: The end result of a company ripping itself off.
- Ichigotchi: A fruit.
- Ringotchi: Another fruit.
- Kiwitchi: Not a fruit.
- KuroMametchi: An emo version of Mametchi. He also wears pink.
- PapaKurotchi: One of the most homosexual characters on Tamagotchi. He is a transvestite with many piercings, wears pink and has a goatee. He is also possibly a rapist.
- Bill: A secret character and the severed head of Bill Clinton; people can refer to him as The Science Guy.
- Makiko: An even sluttier version of Memetchi and Violetchi.
- Young Mametchi: A young version of Mametchi people didn't like, so he was replaced by Toon Mametchi.
- Tamagotchi Planet: WTF!? The planet they live on is ALIVE!
- Oyajitchi: His name translates to "your boss". He's drunk as hell all the time.
- Otokitchi: An old woman who runs a brothel. Seriously.
- Ojitchi: A very old guy who's Japanese name translates to ohSHITchi. You can only get him by cock-blocking your Tamagotchi until they're too old to do it. Wanders the streets selling porn of underage gotchis.
- Nazotchi: Even if you badly want him, the company says "Fuck you!"
- Nyrotchi: It's exactly what he looks like.
- Masktchi: A woman that's apparently Gozarutchi's bitch.
- Maidtchi: A submissive underage virgin that obese manchildren fap over.
- Gotchi King: The King of Tamagotchis that lusts over younger gotchis since his wife's an egg, just like himself.
No matter how you look at it, all Tamagotchi are the same with little things changed. Let's have a look, shall we.
- Original: The thing that started it all.
- Original 2: Refresh of the thing that started it all.
- Bug Version: One with bug Tamagotchis, it gives you the power to yell at it.
- Fish Version: One with fish Tamagotchis, it has a motion sensor so you can shake it like a nanny possessed.
- Angel Version: One where the Tamagotchis are already dead (that's one thing out of the way).
- Devil Version: One where your supposed to keep it from being a Troll.
- Morino Version: One where you can live a bug's life, and get pwned by a human.
- Dinkie Dino: One where you look after a Dinosaur, so like Rawr and stuff.
- Connection: One where it has an evil red eye that when you have two staring at each other, one of the gotchis jumps to the other one, rapes, steals the baby, and never sees them again (the perfect crime).
- Connection 2: Like last time, but you can now win prize money from stupid games and buy cool crap.
- Connection 3: Now you can connect to the internets and learn cheat codes for cool crap.
- Connection 4: One where you can apply for a job interview, but you almost always fail, and you receive chain letters in the mail. Your Tamagotchi also does research at school.
- Connection 4.5: Yes, it's the same.
- Tamago Chu: Teen pregnancy ftw!
- Connection 5: Now you can take care of a whole family, but instead of dying, they get pissed and fly to their living planet.
- Connection 5.5 Royal Version: I think you get the idea. You iz a god in this one.
- Music Star: Where your Tamagotchi gets an instrument and competes on America's got Talent, loses, and becomes a street performer sucking dick for a living. And there's Music City, where you can sell your ear-bleeding music.
- Color Version: Japan only.
- Tama Go: Now you can shove a piece of plastic crap up your Tamagotchi's pussy, if it's female, and play some crappy games. It's also bigger than the rest.
Stuff that isn't a plastic egg.
- Game Boy: The first one made into a video game, because people were too lazy to buy the little egg thing. They also over-dramatized the death scene of your Tamagotchi, with that whole "laying on the ground with a heart meter dying out, showing your best memories together (which is essentially it shaking in agony), then it turns into an Angel."
- Corner Shop: A game on the DS, in this one, you have to do random things in different stores. You haz to do the same shit over 9000 times.
- Corner Shop 2: This time you can now play as a doctor that molests patients.
- Corner Shop 3: You get kidnapped and turned into one of them, then they make you do random things in different stores. An orgy then happens as a secret ending if you get 100% completion.
- Party On: A game where you try to become just like George Bush, doing yet again moar random things.
Blessed cultural irrelevance
Tamagotchis can still be found in toy stores or online, indicating that there is some lingering demand for them. However, no one has stepped forward to claim responsibility for purchasing them and thereby forcing store managers to restock. It's safe to assume that the cool kids have realized how ghey Tamagotchis were all along, although they would swiftly deny any such accusation. Only prepubescent girls and weirdos with neckbeards continue to hoard the toys, hoping to one day feel even the slightest bit of affection from another human being. Since this is the makeup of the current Tamagotchi fanbase, it's just too easy to troll and make fun of them.
Tamagotchi vs Australia
When Tamagotchi Connection Version 2 was released in Australia, anti-gambling politician Nick Xenophon attempted to get it either banned or given an R18+ rating because one game featured gambling. Cue such a wave of Tamatard RAGE that he eventually just gave up.
|This article needs moar retarded fanfiction stories.|
You can help by .
Doctor's Check Up
- Digimon: Same shit, same company, different audience.
- Mechanophilia: When you're just a little too attached to your Tamagotchi.
- Neopets: Final form of the Tamagotchi, which incorporates the same themes, but also tethers it's fans to a computer, preventing them from being able to exist outside of their basement.
- Plastic crap
- The 90s
- Official Tamagotchi Site
- LULZy Tamagotchi survey that reveals a lot about the Tamagotchi's target audience.
- A Tamagotchi Wiki... Trolling opportunities abound.
- Typical Tamagotchifag: Even a big Tamagotchi collector can only handle admitting to owning a few; any more is a crushing shame.
- Tamatalk: Most of the users act like /b/tards. They even have a forum dedicated to the death of a Tamagotchi! Meowbark goes here!
is part of a Series on
Tamagotchi is related to a series on AZNS.
Tamagotchi is part of a series on
Visit the Gaming Portal for complete coverage.