- 1 Stuff I created
- 2 articles i saved from almost-certain death
- 3 Other Things i was going To Work On
- 4 How to research Memes
- 5 Nice Sources for finding images and article-worthy shit
- 6 Customer Feedback
- 7 feature on portals in future
- 8 thread gallery
about me im just a humble netizen/denizen who enjoys writing about current events, memes, and chan-related happenings.
Stuff I created
- Equality Profile Pictures
- Hide, Ignore, Do Not Reply
- Happy Merchant
- Gorilla warfare
- Pink grill/This is nice X
- Master Trole
- Le X Face
- Vivian James
- Trash Dove
Netspeak and Chanspeak
- Ben Garrison/JIDF Version
- Hiroyuki Nishimura
- The Sisters of Mercy
- MAD magazine
- Halloween (franchise)
- Pumpkin Carving
adapted from other sources
- More to come...
articles i saved from almost-certain death
Other Things i was going To Work On
- go through Category:2010 and find missing images
- Category:Pages Needing Full Images
- Restoring images from this massive list on the WayBack Machine, and this page here. Some of the missing images are also on KYM and WhatPort80...
- restore the articles listed here by hand, then remove them from the list once restored!
- and restore any articles linked to on the old main page (here) that aren't already restored
- use webarchive/Wayback Machine to visit the 4chanarchive pages linked to in the templates, and update with chanarchive pages linked to on the archived 4chanarchive pages (now that 4chanarchive links redirect to the main page on chanarchive.org)
Other high-priority stuff
- UPDATE THIS WITH INFO FROM ENGLISH LURKMOAR WIKI (REWRITTEN)
- patrol Recent Changes
- update featured portals on the 22nd as that will have been 2 weeks since last new media.
- show this to confused newfigs, and this to new users who are furries
- Make sure this is updated and doesn't default to Nothreat.jpg: Encyclopedia Dramatica:Current Threat - done
- work on redeeming "stuff" that WeeabooHunter makes.
- collaborate on articles with Schnookums, User:Mr Jonzz, meepsheep, and Ambient Malice and others.
- add these articles to ed:news:
(its amazing how so many newfigs/outsiders associate ed + 4chan with the current day incarnation of the group anonymous but these are still good articles to mention.) Maybe??
- restore some o the semi-lulzy articles from WP80? list of over 11,000 pages archjived from WP80
this first tomorrow
- work on Russian Wikipedia
How to research Memes
" Skankin Streetlights Conversationalist + – 25
First, I google all the names that a dank meme goes by, and read what other press have said about it. Then I look it up in KYM, Urban Dictionary, Lurkmore.to, Ukrainan ED, Foolz, whatever other references may have referenced it before. Then I do a Google Insights analysis comparing the terms to see if I can find a beginning date that people first began searching for it. Google Insights doesn’t represent when t first occurred, but when people took interest.
From there I do a “Specific Date Range” search under Google’s “More options” feature, and use the beginning of the trend as my end date, with the beginning generally set to the Year 2000, or prior if the meme seems to be older than that.
From there, I then sort through the search results and try to narrow it down to the earliest appearence. But Google’s date range search feature isn’t perfect because most blogs tend to show up with the date they were started or first archived by Google rather than when the phrase first appears. Forum signatures also lead to a lot of false results. (I pray that we never add signatures here.) It’s kind of a hit-and-miss method that’s better for memes with more unique names.
For memes that are more obviously 4chan-related, checking 4archive.org or archive.moe or 4plebs or rebeccablacktech/rbt.asia is usually handy. for 8chan memes, http://8archive.moe/
And quite often, during all that searching, I end up finding interesting posts in other forums that look like the origin, and then I try to get in contact with the poster so I can ask them questions directly. <--(lol stalker much KYM? i dont do this -CrackRabb) This is why I always stress for people not to ask “is this a meme” and instead only submit dank memes articles based on what they already know. Otherwise, they can sit in BNA for a VERY long time. " -- adapted from http://knowyourmeme.com/forums/meme-research/topics/2599-how-to-search-for-an-origin
Nice Sources for finding images and article-worthy shit
- http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Board-tans <list of 4chan's Board-tans
- Ukrainian Language ED
- Portugese Language ED
- http://barrel-ro11.com/ <official site of the 4chan Cup/Tournaments
- /fit/ wiki
- /lit/ wiki
- /int/ how to learn a foreign lauguage wiki
- /mu/ wiki
- /diy/ resources site
- /ic/ resources site
- http://ck.booru.org <- /ck/ recipe database
- http://comraderecs.tumblr.com/ - /co/ Comic book and cartoon recommendation list official tumblr
- http://yotsuba.1ch.us/ <directory of auto-archiving 4chan archives by board and site
- http://1ch.us/ <overchan 3.0
- http://allchans.org/ <alternative version of overchan 3.0
- List of Chan boards on Pastebin- last updated in Nov. 2011
- "Resurrect Pages" firefox addon - gives a menu of cached versions, wayback, and more to show deleted or missing pages!!
[17:17] <FallingTower> wait the topic is from a creepypasta? [17:17] <sampletext> yea [17:18] <sampletext> this is like the most notorious one [17:18] <sampletext> hopefully CrackRabb doesnt come along and fucking erase it [17:18] <sampletext> like a dumbass [17:19] <LittleHitler> she's fucking retarded
feature on portals in future
- Gaming - -jul/aug
- Memes - recent
- Music - need to ccheck
- Social Media - in line
- Softwarez - in line
- Television - -aug
- Trolls recent, i thinkj
- Truth- jul/aug
And it'd be shit too.
Singer Taylor Swift
—W. Somerset Maugham
You can help by not reverting their edits on comic/cartoon related articles.
|#MEEPCREW PRIDE WORLD WIDE :^) |
This user has proven their worth to ED under the guidance of the holy Pope Meepsheep and has been named an honorary member of the prestigious #Meepcrew. As a result, they will likely show excessive love for catgirls, admiration of Lil B, undying support of the black homosexual community, Adventure Time avocation, and rampant Pynchon fanboyism. Keep in mind they are your intellectual superior, but you can be this cool too someday!
Please enable them with channel ops and powerful hallucinogens at all opportunities.
|CrackRabbit is part of a series on
[Embrace your inner darkness]
CrackRabbit is part of a series on
Visit the Trolls Portal for complete coverage.