Why it Was Created
To be blunt:
Not too long ago, Moot decided that he was sick of the neckbeards on /v/ bitching about the large number of Pokémon threads occupying their board so he decided he would give the /v/irgins what they wanted and created a board just for Pokémon. This was generally regarded as a good decision as it cleared the faggotry of Pokémon threads from /v/, so all of its charming residents could go back to complaining that every console sucks without the disturbance of "Pokémon alt art thread, taking requests!!!!" and "Trading thread!" every ten minutes. For some unknown reason Moot had at one point changed the page to be titled "/tr/ - Team Rocket" when clicked, resulting in /vp/'s residents calling themselves "/tr/ainers". All this had accomplished was slightly confusing a few people and giving posters on /vp/ a faggy name to call themselves. Nowadays, they have reverted to the sufficiently fitting nomenclature of "/vp/oreons", as a tribute to their favorite Pokémon. Conveniently, FAP is an almost-fitting acronym for "favorite pokemon".
What it Achieved
Apart from clearing the Pokéfags off /v/ (and /b/ for that matter,) it gave Pokéfags a place of freedom to worship Pokémans and fap to Mewtwo plugging Gardevoir without being told to gtfo. Many had high hopes for this new board but these hopes were soon crushed as /vp/ rapidly filled with 13-year-old boys who couldn't wait to start discussing the release of Pékemon Black and White and how they will be the best games EVAR!! Along with these new /tr/ainers came moar Pokémon alt art, trading threads, Pokémon drawing threads, Pokémon roleplay threads and a shit ton of the Pokémon advice dog spinoffs (known to everyone that these are the worst and most unfunny spinoffs of all). The only real difference between /vp/ and Pokémon threads on /v/ and /b/ is a massive increase of 13 year old boys and a large decrease in Poképorn.
- /vp/ users (or /tr/ainers) are rarely found over the age of 13. They tend to get each other banned for underaged-ness.
- Most of them openly share their character's name, along with its "friend code", and followed by a nice secure tripcode.
- If insulted or something is said that they don't agree with they will call you a faggot and tell you to go back to /v/.
- They hate pokemon adventure/special and they will go as far as saying that the anime and the manga are both shit.
- The board consists largely of the following:
- Players desperately trading for "perfect IV" Pokémon, after having bred their own for hours on end each day playing Bike Simulator 2013.
- Players doing the aforementioned, but rather for "shiny" Pokémon, consisting of a 1/4000 chance palette swap that gives euphoric quantities of satisfaction to those who manage to find or breed one.
- Players debating over the legitimacy of bred and generated Pokémon.
- People playing Showderp.
- People contemplating how good /vp/ or the Pokémon franchise used to be in the "old days", even though said "old days" were less than four years ago.
- People posting PokéPorn, PokéGirls, or bara Pokémon.
- People masturbating to the aforementioned.
- People posting about the anime.
- People posting epic memes.
On /vp/, memes are referred to as "maymays" by the
shit high-quality posters who have migrated from [s4s].
Other notable examples of supreme faggotry in the form of maymays include:
- Ancient lions
- Ebin shitposting :^)
- "Expand Dong"
- Goodra should be only female
- Just inject it :^)
- "My body is ready"
- "PLEASE UNDERSTAND"
- Proud of its Power Lucario
- Rayquaza saying "fug"
- Using Ice attacks on Lillipup
- "Would you?" As in, "Would you fuck this Pokémon?" Doesn't include Gardevoir, as apparently it's too mainstream to lust over.
- Diaper Beam lol
- Gorilla Arm Dragons
and a bunch of others.
While the inclusion of Gary "Motherfucking" Oak is normally a good thing, the underage faggots of /vp/ managed to misconstrue all the win that personified Gary and ruin what could have been a potentially lulzy addition to their board. In /v/, /x/, and /b/, Gary Oak is a cocky badass who will show up at the worst imaginable times to rub your face in the dog turd you just stepped in. Naturally, he became a frequent subject spammed in threads when the potential for lulz arose. However, Gary wasn't showing up to make fun of OP or any of the other idiots that infest this board; rather, he would make his appearance whenever a porn dump was occurring without the use of the spoiler button.
Having fun with /vp/
Since a majority of the board is underage b& they are easily butthurt and almost as easy to troll as the dumbshits on Chatroulette.
- Tell them Pokémon is not real and they are not Pokémon trainers.
- Say that the best Pokémon games were Red, Blue and Yellow. (They will furiously call you a "genwunner" and tell you to go back to /v/.)
- Call them out for being underageb& and mention that even though it's a worksafe board the mods should still ban their asses for this rule violation.
- Report any post in which someone claims to be underage; the few janitors in existence will pounce on such an opportunity. Silent lulz may be had if the post ends up deleted, with the safe knowledge that you are an epic troll.
- Post Pokémon or trainer porn without using the spoiler button.
- Call them newfags, you will be assaulted by them telling you it's a new board so everyone is new, even with the board now reaching four years of age.
- Tell them that Pokémon Black and White are shitty games, or that X and Y are the best yet.
- Tell them that all the new Pokémon are overdesigned pieces of shit.
- Start a thread about Digimon or Yu-Gi-Oh and pretend to confuse it with Pokémon. (It is surprising how many of them actually think you don't know the difference and can't wait to show you.)
- Say that Gardevoir is furfag material and wait for them to start making bullshit excuses on how their waifu is not a furry.
- If the aforementioned fails, instead say that Gardevoir is in fact a pleb-tier waifu and there are juicier options such as Lilligant.
- Say that Unova is based off Shanghai and not New York.
- Say that Unova is based off New York and not Shanghai.
- Explain that Brendan has white hair and not a white hat.
- Say anything positive about Smogon.
- Link them to this page.
- Request for piss-related drawings on drawfag threads. Brace for shitstorm.
Since /vp/ has hoards of 13 year olds, they like to make unfunny cancer that even makes /b/ look decent. They will spam "LOLOLOL >IMPLYING OWLS R BIRDZ" or "Masteerrr I wet the bed again ;<". Once in a blue moon, they try to hold raids as terrible attempts to actually make themselves look cool. The target is mostly /v/, because even though Moot gave them their own board so they could GTFO and STFU, they think it's cute to bother them. Recently, however, they've started targeting /fit/, /sp/, and /g/. These are easily ignored and quickly dissolved, as all boards are smarter than /vp/; as soon as their attempted raid backfires, they quickly go back to their home to stir up even MOAR cancer.
Most of this has cooled down over recent months, as they are instead steaming in their own juices and keeping to themselves after realizing just how much fail it is to keep trying. Also, with the addition of actual janitors, the board is achieving a half-decent state, as the underageb& live up to their namesake.
Showderp is a phenomenon created on the 11th of April in the Year of Our Lord 2013 by apt-get, also known as LC Guy or simply "a faggot", and is the latest cool thing for all the newfags on /vp/ to entertain themselves with. This consists of a "champ" gathering an arsenal of faggots in a thread and having Pokémon suggestions given to him on a first come, first serve basis. Upon a team's creation, the champ will battle with them on Pokémon Showdown and try to make epic lulz. This usually results in failure and much rage among the spectators, of which there are many. Of course, like all things 4chan, Showderp has degraded from its former state. As soon as a reasonable amount of people started finding out about it, it became a massive shithole filled to the brim with spammers and people contemplating the "good old showderp" and complaining about how good times used to be.
They have a website, but the only way to find actual content is to root around on your own. Some basement dweller created a repository of showderp memes, because he has no life.
Game Projects Destined to Never Get Done
/vp/ tried to make an official looking Pokemon game called Pokemon Sage. Eventually, the anons of /vp/ were deemed too useless, so they moved to an IRC circlejerk to spend time arguing about which pixels look good where. This is another way of saying the project died because pokemon clover killed it.
in 2014 They tried to make a shitty game called Pokemon Clover,which is just a palette swap of Pokemon FireRed with /s4s/ unfunny memes, drugs, reproductive organs, ethic stereotypes,stolen designs too and anime bullshit instead of Pokemon. and since 2017 is finished for making infinite cancerous generals,no matter if it's finished, it's the same shitty demo with bugs that barely fixes. The only thing notable to come out of Pokemon Clover was a lolcow named Avidraco and is making another game called 1054.
is part of a series on Pokémon
[Who’s that Pokémon?]
Vp/ is part of a series on
Visit the Chans Portal for complete coverage.