Wakachan, originally known as Idlechan/iichan in its first incarnation, is an imageboard similar to the famous 4chan, only it makes love, not hate. Wakachan is actually a collection of hosted boards dedicated to a delicate variety of stupid fucking wapanese, unlike 4chan, where users actually discuss things not related to the admittedly superior Japanese culture. The average wakachan user is a weeaboo wapanese who think they are otaku /b/tards.
Upon its original foundation,it was one imageboard rather than a collection of hosted boards, much like it's mother site 4chan. It was originally intended to be a "home from home" for the nomadic /b/tards that were left without their daily dose of chaos and depravity after 4chan died for the 4th time on June 20th, 2004, due to various reasons. However, upon 4chan's return less than 2 months later, iichan had established it's own userbase, and ended up "competing" with its mother site. This was not to last, and iichan was closed on October 24th 2004 due to rising bandwidth costs and a lack of funding. it was slated to return in December, but in February 2005 iichan was permanently no more, and instead merged with another board to create the horrifying weeaboo infestation we see at Wakachan.
- /Big/ - A place where one looks at things that are big
- /o/ - Everything round from pie to "black holes"
- /City/ - Cities
- /Dic/ - Dictators
- /dress/ - Fancy clothes
- /Key/ - Key
- /Negi - Negima
- /Eroge/ - The newest and by far the least popular board on Wakachan, a place for fat, lonely, lifeless Weeboos to discuss their shitty anime games.
- /a/ - Anime board.
- /cute/ - LOL SOO KAWAII
- /cm/ - Cute male board
- /oai/ - Female/Female board. Nothing but drawn pictures of girls kissing due to its work safe status.
- /ma/ - manga discussion board
- /senti/ - Romance Imageboard. Where lonely Basement Dwellers fap to drawings of couples while using their tears as lube.
- /w/ - Wallpapers
- /4koma/ - A board dedicated to the art of the four panel comics.
- /blush/ - A board dedicated to images of blushing anime characters. LOL SOO KAWAII
- /xo/ Crossover board
- / flying/ - A dream of Flying
- /gg/ - Gundam Girls
- /kemonomimi/ - A board for furries
- /mai/ - Maids & Uniform. 100% pure Otaku
- /m/ - Mecha
- /mgn/ - Like the regular /a/nime board, except everyone is wearing GLASSES!!!!!!
- /miko/ - Miko/Shrine Maiden fetish board
- /neko/ - Neko A.K.A Cat girl board
- /os/ - Net Characters
- / niche/ - A place where you can create a thread with a theme to your likening. Just like every board on /a/
- /pantsu/ - No chan is ever complete without a board dedicated to Pantsu
- /elf/ - Dedicated to elves and other pointy-eared people. A popular place for Weeboo's with a fetish for the Lord of The Rings.
- /ribbon/ - For those who love ribbons
- /yuu/ - Scenic Route. Dedicated to nature.
- /sleepy/ - You Gotta Sleep Sometime
- /sgis/ - Snow and sadness. BAWWWWWWWWWW
- /ghost/ - Wakachan's /x/ board.
- /miz/ - This board is for swimsuits and lingerie, BECAUSE ONE FUCKING BOARD WASN'T ENOUGH!!!!!!
- /cry/ A snow and sadness board with out any snow.
- /hr/ - ABe Yoshitosh board. Primarily revolves around Serial Experiment Lain
- /amg/ - For Oh! My Goddess fanboys
- /azu/ - Arguably Wakachan's most popular and active board, many Anonymous cultivate their daily so as to get their hourly fix of Azumanga Daioh and 404 girl porn.
- /ff/ - Final Fantasy VII
- /gainax - Haven for FCLC and Neon Genesis Evangelion Fantards
- /genshiken/ Where Weeboo basement dwellers gather do discuss a manga about other Weeboo basement dwellers. 99% of all threads are devoted to how much everyone wants to rape Ogiue
- /haruhi/ - Special board dedicated to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and its cult following. However, the real board can be found here []
- /rag/ - Ragnarok Online
- /sha/ - Some shitty board revolving around this Loli named Shana-chan. Was also the Haruhi board got its start.
- /ghibli/ - Hayao Miyazaki board
- /wakaba/ - Where Touhou faggots live another day.
- /fate - Type-Moon board and third most popular area in all of Wakachan.
- /miku - Vocaloid and UTAU
- /art/ - A now dead art board
- /b/ - A random board for crappy drawhores
- /ocs/ - Because one drawhore board could not contain the fail and aids. The only difference being that all artwork be made collaborating with other Anon's using openCanvas.
- /bijin/ - A place dedicated to fapping over teenage asian supermodels.
- /cams/ - Filled with weeboo camwhores who never deliver.
- /cosplay/ - cosplay.
- /uni/ - Pretty much bijin, only with uniforms.
- /cats/ - Always a needed thread
- /j/ - figures
- /guns/ - Even /k/ommandos have a home in Wakachan.
- /tech/ - Technology board
- /rail/ - 1chan
- /bnr/ - Banners
- /music/ - Music board.
- /f/ - Flash
- /mugen/ - MUGEN Imageboard
- /tabletop/ - Tabletop games
- /v/ -/v/irgin board of Wakachan. Obviously.
-  - Translation projects for mangas
- /img/ -Translation for individual images
- /dis/ - Discussion board of translation projects
- /soc/ - The Society for the Study of Modern Image Board Culture
- /sup/ - Wakaba and Kareha support board
- /anime/ - discussing all things about Anime
- /ascii/ - ascii
- /dqn/ - The /b/ of discussion boards
- /fa/ - Fashion
- /tv/ - Television
- /food/ - Food
-  - Games
- /general/ -General discussion board
- /hobby/ - Hobby discussion board
- /language/ -Language Board
-  - Books
- /love/ - love
- /manga/ - manga
- /music/ - music
- /news/ - news
-  Internet Discussion Board
- /nordic/ - A board about Nordic language
- /personal/ - Personal Issues board
- /politics/ - Politics
- /code/ - Programming
-  - Science
- /sexual/ - A board offering sexual advice
- /sports/ - sports
- /tech/ - Technology
- /nihongo/ - Wapanese
- /blood/ - Guro
- /doujin/ - Doujinshi
- /fetish/ - Fetish Board
- /he/ - H-Kenk/Kemonomimi
- /happy/ - Happy Sex
- /hinata/ - A board solely devoted to rule #34 of Hyuga Hinata
- /sakura/ - A board solely devoted to rule #34 of Sakura
- /slpl/ - Self-Pleasure
- /t-h/ - Touhou porn
- /tmh/ - Type-moon porn
- /unc/ - Uncensored
Wakachan is part of a series on
Visit the Chans Portal for complete coverage.